Student Trainee (Health Insurance)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT:
To be eligible for the CMS Pathways - Summer Internship Program, an individual must be enrolled and seeking a degree (e.g., diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution/program on a full or half-time basis for the upcoming SPRING, SUMMER, or FALL 2019. Additional proof of enrollment for the upcoming SUMMER or FALL 2019 semester will be required before a final job offer can be extended. Click here for a definition of a qualifying education institution/program.
- AND -
Possess and maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on the unweighted 4.0 scale. GPA is based on current enrollment. GPA 2.95 is rounded to 3.0 and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9. NOTE: Students enrolled in a school or college that utilizes a Pass/Fail grading system are required to submit an unofficial transcript which must include the Institutions legend that documents the Pass/Fail equivalency.
TRANSCRIPTS or other applicable education documents (e.g., acceptance letter) are required at the time of application to verify program eligibility.
- GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of education above high school OR an Associate's or equivalent degree.
- GS-05: Completion of a Bachelor's degree, equivalent degree, OR 4 academic years of education above high school that leads to a to a Bachelor's degree.
- GS-07: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended. -OR- eligibility under Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement:
- Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement: NOTE: If you are claiming S.A.A. you must provide an unofficial transcript at the time of application that documents this claim:
- A grade-point average of "B" (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9.
- A grade-point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all required courses completed in your major field of study, or those required courses in your major completed in the last two years of your undergraduate study.
- Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
- Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies
If you are enrolled for FALL 2019 semester and do not have a transcript (e.g., a graduating high school student that is enrolled for a bachelor's degree program for FALL 2019), in addition to your High School (or previous Degree) transcript you MUST provide proof of acceptance or an enrollment letter from your Institution with your application. If you do not submit the required documentation, you will not be considered for this position.
Click the following link to view the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10411529
Woodlawn, MD - $33,172 - $59,762
Bethesda, MD - $33,172 - $59,762
Washington, D.C. - $33,172 - $59,762
San Juan, PR - $29,847 - $53,773
Atlanta, GA - $31,345 - $56,471
Kansas City MO - $30,036 - $54,113
Seattle, WA - $32,367 - $58,313
Denver, CO - $32,460 - $58,480
Dallas, TX - $31,925 - $57,516
Philadelphia, PA - $32,233 - $58,070
All CMS Pathway employees are hired at the step 1 of the grade in which they are selected.
Bargaining Unit Position: No
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Benefits: Summer Interns hired on a short-term basis are not eligible for Federal benefits, i.e. health, life, retirement. Summer Interns will accrue sick leave.
Schedule: Interns are eligible to work Full-time or a Part-time schedule of 16 to 32 hours per week.
Duration of Appointment:
- Summer Intern appointments begin May/June 2019 and last for 12-weeks based on start date.
- Summer Intern appointments may be extended beyond the 12-week not-to-exceed (NTE) date at the agency's discretion.
- At the agency's discretion, a Summer Intern (Temporary Intern) may be non-competitively converted to an excepted service Pathways Permanent (year-round) Intern appointment; OR
- At the agency's discretion, a Summer Intern (Temporary Intern) may be non-competitively converted to the competitive service after all requirements for conversion have been met.
For more information about extending appointments and program completion/conversion, review OPM's Internship Program Fact Sheet.
Additional Forms REQUIRED Prior to Appointment:
- Optional Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment and the Background/Suitability Investigation - A background and suitability investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the successful completion of the investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. If selected, the Optional Form 306 will be required prior to final job offer. Click here to obtain a copy of the Optional Form 306.
- Form I-9, Employment Verification and the Electronic Eligibility Verification Program - CMS participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers. If selected, the Form I-9 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here for more information about E-Verify and to obtain a copy of the Form I-9.
- Standard Form 61, Appointment Affidavits - If selected, the Standard Form 61 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here to obtain a copy of the Standard Form 61.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement for similar positions within CMS in the same geographical location. For Central Office vacancies, the "same geographical location" includes Baltimore, Maryland; Bethesda, Maryland; and Washington, D.C.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your online application, resume, transcripts and CMS required documents will be used to determine if you meet eligibility and qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The rating process used for this announcement does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles.