Psychologist (Diversity and Inclusion Focus)
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Psychologist (Diversity and Inclusion Focus)
George Mason University Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) seeks a full-time, experienced Psychologist (1.0 FTE, with benefits). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Counseling and Psychological Services promotes the emotional growth, well-being, and academic success for a diverse student body. CAPS provides culturally sensitive mental health and learning services, prevention programming and outreach, and training for emerging mental health professionals.
- Provides full range of clinical services including individual and group counseling, initial consultations, crisis intervention including after-hours consultation, and case management services;
- Provides consultation services to students/faculty/staff/family/others;
- Provides prevention, community education and outreach programming, with a special focus on serving historically marginalized students;
- Participates in training activities such as providing individual supervision, co-leading and supervising therapy groups, providing trainee seminars, and contributing in the trainee selection processes;
- Coordinates referrals between CAPS and university or community service providers;
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other mental health professionals on CAPS multidisciplinary staff and other university departments and organizations;
- Maintains current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and CAPS policies; reviews client records to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered;
- Attends and participates in departmental and division meetings and staff development programs as assigned;
- Leads the CAPS diversity committee which is tasked with holding the center accountable for providing multiculturally competent and inclusive services to students;
- Participates on other CAPS and university committees as assigned; and
- Additional duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude supervisor from assigning specific duties not listed above if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- The position may require working at least one evening per week.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D in Clinical or Counseling Psychology;
- Licensed as a psychologist in Virginia or license-eligible within one year of appointment;
- Experience with brief psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and evidence of multicultural competence and experience working with diverse populations; and
- Interest and experience in multiculturalism, social justice, and working with diverse student populations. Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduation from an APA accredited doctoral program and completion of APA accredited internship;
- At least one year of experience providing mental health services to college students or late adolescents;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume clinical setting with clients presenting in acute distress;
- Experience providing clinical consultation with campus and/or key stakeholders;
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA11EZ at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter that identifies your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume/CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. This position will remain open until filled. For questions, candidates may contact Nina Joshi, Office Manager, at 703-993-2380.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :