Operations Coordinator - School of Continuing Studies (SCS)
The Operations Coordinator, SCS, provides critical support of operations management and guest services coordination at the School of Continuing Studies downtown DC Campus. The Operations Coordinator supports the Operations Team on all aspects of successful school-wide operations, focused specifically on ensuring adequate reception desk coverage on all levels, customer service, administrative coordination and support of the Executive Director, Operations, SCS. The incumbent will greet and check in visitors, provide direction and answer questions regarding SCS operations and class schedules, as well as work closely with operations team and provide operational and administrative support to the Executive Director, Operations. The incumbent will work closely with the Sr. Director of Operations to support classroom and event scheduling, coordinate inter-office communication and the position requires intimate knowledge of SCS programs, daily operations and security protocols. This position serves as the primary contact for visitors into the Executive Suite on Level 2 at the SCS. The position requires excellent customer service skills to be provided to staff, students, faculty and visitors at SCS. This position supports SCS's goal of high stakeholder satisfaction, increasing tuition revenues and customer satisfaction. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide operations and logistics coordination for the Associate Dean of Operations.
- Support the Sr. Director of Operations with classroom scheduling.
- Maintain the appearance of the Executive Suite on Level 2.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the operations team.
- Manage incoming mail, calls and visitors, access cards, parking logistics, key logs.
Executive Administrative Support
- Manage projects, ad hoc assignments and maintenance schedules for the Associate Dean of Operations.
- Write and disseminate communications on behalf of the Associate Dean of Operations on all issues related to Logistics and Operations.
- Create and maintain an organizational system for the SCS Reception Desk in the Executive Suite on Level 2.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Team at SCS.
- Provide weekly reports to the Associate Dean of Operations on visitors and issues related to Reception Desk coverage and operations.
- Coordinate incoming inquiries related to operations and manage inquiry management system.
- Manage telecommunication services to efficiently and effectively respond to caller needs and provide information on all School of Continuing Studies programs.
- Serve as centralized knowledge expert on SCS Operations, departments, schedules, events, special projects and other information relevant to inquiries.
- Greet and welcome incoming guests at Level 2 Executive Suite.
- Provide appropriate inquiry follow-up for visitors and coordination with staff.
- Develop appropriate work flow processes as they relate to inter-office communications.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of progressive administrative experience in educational setting preferred
- Written and oral communication; ability to manage communications with discretion and confidentiality
- Extensive organization skills and the ability to provide very high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to provide very high levels of customer service
- Professionalism and time management skills
- Knowledge of University offices
- Computer and financial systems is desired
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.