Organizational Development and Training Manager (Human Resources Generalist III)
Provides strategic leadership and direction for complex human capital initiatives that have multi-division impact. Coordinates and directs senior level professional staff servicing multi-divisions in organizational development programs and initiatives. Analyzes organization development and structural needs, and plans and implements Strategic Plan initiatives. Applies knowledge in organizational training assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation to ensure practical, relevant and timely solutions. Provides strategic leadership and direction for training and leadership initiatives that have multi-division impact; continually partners with Park Authority management, at all levels, and employees to identify employee development needs; and, works collaboratively to develop strategies and tactics designed to meet those targeted needs. Facilitates tailored programs responsive to this work. Demonstrates competencies in analytical instructional design, impactful engagement creation, both internal and external engagement, accountability design, application of learning principles and instructional materials development. Ensures standardization across the agency. Stays abreast of best practices in the industry and performs related work as required.Illustrative Duties
- Provides supervision over professional level personnel in human resources function;
- Serves as a member of senior management department teams and participates in strategic planning efforts;
- Analyzes human resources business processes and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Interprets county policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local laws;
- Counsels employees and managers on employee relations issues.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to human resources;
- Ability to make oral presentations to department management, other departments, or the public;
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software to prepare documents and to store, manipulate, analyze, and present information;
- Ability to lead assigned employees, including delegating and reviewing work assignments, providing coaching and guidance, monitoring and evaluating performance, and supporting training and development planning;
- Ability to supervise and train staff.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Able to design, develop and facilitate an array of professional development programs for all divisions in support of the Park Authority's Strategic Plan. Utilizes advanced facilitation skills and extensive knowledge of group dynamics to serve as a change agent, including behavior change, guiding agency staff to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Assesses the needs for workforce training and development programs, by proactively identifying the knowledge/skills/abilities and competencies needed by the agency's current and future workforce. Evaluates needs and closes performance gaps to improve the effective operation of the agency. Must work equally effectively in team based environments, as well as on tasks which require high levels of initiative, autonomy and independent thought and action. Contracts and manages relationships with training, organizational development and executive coaching vendors; evaluates product quality and effectiveness.
Position is generally sedentary and performed in an office environment. Ability to operate keyboard driven equipment. Sufficient mobility to attend meetings and events throughout the county. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.