Anticipated Coordinator, Procedural Support
- Full Time
The Procedural Support Coordinator provides support to staff and schools to ensure the staff is properly trained and uses program guides and best practices in resolving disputes.
* Assists in the review of data while investigating compliance issues with implementation of the special education regulations in service delivery for students with disabilities or 504 plans.
* Develops, coordinates, and delivers professional development and training for central office and school-based staff on the management of compliance checks.
* Drafts responses to requests for mediation, due process, Independent Education Evaluations (IEEs) for review by the Director.
* Provides support and direction to administrative staff and school-based staff in the implementation of effective practices to avoid legal involvement in the resolution of disputes.
* Serves as resource for cluster, school, and departmental staffs.
* Assists school staff in collection and analysis of data to ensure that students' IEPs are being implemented with fidelity.
* Consults with school teams, classroom teachers and support staff on compliance issues and provides ongoing staff support and parent communication.
* Postgraduate Professional License with special education endorsements; Special Education Leadership certificate and/or administrative endorsement required.
* Five years of significantly progressive and responsible experience related to working with students with disabilities and families.
* Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws criteria for eligibility and comprehensive evaluation for students with disabilities.
* Knowledge of the special education laws and regulations, local procedures for the implementation of IEPs and 504 plans.
* Demonstrated leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
* Ability to develop and deliver professional development programs to school-based and administrative staff in the effective implementation of special education services.
The Coordinator, Procedural Support reports to the Supervisor, Procedural Support.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means
of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other
workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to
learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position
for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.