Senior 3D Computer Vision Engineer
Employer name: VanGogh Imaging, Inc.
Position Title: Senior 3D Computer Vision Engineer
Location: McLean, VA
I: Essential Job Functions:
· Conduct research and development involving computer algorithms and methods with respect to 3D computer vision software utilized in mobile and other computing devises to capture 3D images for processing;
· Develop test, and document highly sophisticated 3D computer vision software applications to be utilized by VanGogh’s equipment manufacturer customers in end user and other devices;
· Provide multiple alternative variations of basic software design to ensure an optimal approach;
· Develop algorithms and software for key projects for the company’s core technologies focused on 3D object recognition;
· Provide analysis to support 3D Vision software development environment;
II: Education and Experience Requirements:
· Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field plus 3 years of experience performing research and development involving 3D computer vision algorithms, software, and techniques.
· Alternate Requirements: Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or a closely related field with a research focus involving development of 3D computer vision algorithms, software, and techniques
III: Special Skills Requirements:
· Strong background in Matlab, C++, openCV, and openGL languages and tools;
· Substantial demonstrated knowledge in computational photography algorithms;
· Strong understanding of registration and integration methods for data from 3D sensors;
· Strong knowledge of computer vision principals.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please. Please reference the position you’re applying for in the subject.
VanGogh Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.