Physical Plant Supervisor and Building Engineer
Physical Plant Supervisor and Building Engineer Position # 124025
The Universities at Shady Grove – Rockville, MD
This position will provide technical supervision of daily operations and maintenance at The Universities at Shady Grove for Building’s 1,2,3,4, (approx. 540,000 sq. Ft), (1) 5 story 700 car capacity parking garage , and (1) 6 story 600 car capacity parking garage on campus.
Supervise tasks, Facilities personnel, and contractors for the purposes of maintaining and operating safe and productive work, laboratory and classroom environments. Supports the overall goals and objectives of the facilities department. Keeps the Facilities Manager informed of all current building operational status and scheduling of maintenance and /or outages.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School/GED with an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- With a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, plus eight (8) years experience performing facilities management duties, three (3) of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Without the degree, twelve (12) years progressively responsible experience to include at least five (5) years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Experience must include oversight mechanical and laboratory systems. Including, facilities/lab maintenance.
Additional Certifications Required:
- Maryland 2nd Class Stationary Engineer’s License.
- CFC (Universal) Certification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Class C Driver’s license or equivalent with fewer than 6 points.
- Advanced operating experience with the Siemens Apogee Building Automation System / Advantage Navigator / Desigo.
- Multi-facility environment desired
- Experience with energy management systems
Work is performed in both an office environment and in the field. Incumbent will be required to perform hands-on tasks as well as to inspect the work of others, which will require the ability to work in hazardous or irritating environments, including confined spaces, lifting, bending, stooping, working at heights, and in adverse conditions. Incumbent must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment, including safety footwear that is provided by the University. This position is considered “Essential Personnel" subject to 24-hour 7 day/week span of operations. Work is generally performed during normal working hours however it is expected that those in this position work whenever necessary to ensure the facility is running safely and efficiently at all times. After hours, service calls are to be expected during summer months and times of extreme inclement weather.
This position is located in Rockville, MD. The starting salary for this position will be in the mid $70’s to low $80’s.
Benefits Offered: The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave, 15 Days Sick Leave, 3 Personal Days; 15 Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
To apply: Please visit www.ejobs.umd.edu and search for position number #124025. For best consideration, apply by 2/21/2019, otherwise the position will be open until 3/7/2019.