Accounts Payable Lead
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking an Accounts Payable Lead to work with our dynamic Accounts Payable Department. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Bethesda with metro access.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Accounts Payable Lead is knowledgeable in best practices in accounts payable and demonstrates strong analytical and organization skills by accurately and efficiently performing functions such as: training with policy adherence for accounts payable procedures and guidance for field (chapter) staff along with innovating to improve processes. All duties shown below should be performed in a timely, professional manner while providing exemplary customer service.
Essential Functions: (These represent those duties that must be performed in the job)
- Perform quality REVIEW and APPROVAL of incoming payment requests from CFF Field office personnel.
- Provide ongoing TRAINING and SUPERVISION of payment documentation and process activities conducted by CFF field office personnel.
- This position is ACCOUNTABLE for maintaining transaction production timelines that are compliant with applicable department-level SLAs and acceptable timelines.
- Provide ongoing communication and high-quality customer care to field office personnel. Support our mission with a listening ear and respectful resolutions
- Review requisitions w/contracts for Purchase Order creation prior to issuing payments
- Maintain policy adherence and guidance for AP staff & liaison to field operations specialist
- Demonstrate strong research and analytical skill. Demonstrate the ability to articulate and solve problems by gathering and analyzing information and making sensible decisions.
- Review processing and conduct staff training (chapter and ap) via skype, phone, email and in person when needed.
- Review and approve accounts payable requests with contract submissions
- Assist with SOP writing and maintenance
- Assist with on boarding and maintenance of AP processing efficiency initiatives
- Provide accurate and timely reports a needed by the AP Manager and/or Senior Management
- Innovate, develop, and constantly strive to improve the accounts payable process
- Aspire for excellence by promoting a positive attitude, collaborative environment and high work ethic when interacting with vendors, managers and employees
- Assist department in meeting productivity standards, goals and deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (Note - Be specific with regard to years of relevant experience, degrees, credentials, certification, skills and knowledge.)
- Degree in accounting or business preferred
- Experience in accounts payable processing is necessary (4+ years)
- Training and coaching skills – required to contribute to building a positive team spirit and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Interpersonal Skills – focuses on solutions in cooperative manner – Must communicate effectively (verbal and written) while providing exemplary customer service
- Organizational Support – follows policies and procedures with care and protection of sensitive data
- Analytical skills – with attention to detail to multiple step instructions and high work ethic required
- Professionalism – positive, professional attitude with respect and consideration to all
- Proactive – forward thinker that takes the initiative in improving and being productive
- Strong organization skills – multi-tasking and time management skills
- Accountability – takes responsibility for complete and incomplete tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team; in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Dependability – reliable and trustworthy who reports to work consistently
- Computer Literacy – Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint) and accounts payable/general ledger systems
- Microsoft Dynamics experience (a plus)
- Paramount Workplace experience (a plus)