The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents more than 20,000 clinicians, researchers, and health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney disease—seeks a fulltime Coordinator for KidneyX. The Coordinator will be member of the KidneyX Project Team, reporting to the KidneyX Project Director. The Coordinator will work with the KidneyX leadership and the US Department of Health and Human Services to accomplish the initiative’s mission “to accelerate development in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney diseases”. The Coordinator responsibilities include some administrative tasks as well as strong project management, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Manage KidneyX Prize Competitions
- Update and maintain prize submission/review site
- Manage invitations and training for reviewers/judges for each competition
- Manage prize review process
- Serve as primary contact for questions from reviewers and applicants
- Manage logistical support for KidneyX meetings
- Steering Committee meeting
- KidneyX Summit
- Judges Panels
- Entrepreneur Programs
- Investor Programs
- Serve as liaison to relevant internal and external groups
- Liaison to ASN Communications and Marketing team to produce time sensitive documents for KidneyX regarding news worthy items
- Liaison to Policy/NTDS/KHI/KidneyX Cross Communications Team to coordinate activities of the ASN Alliance for Kidney Health Team
- Participate in routine staff meetings, project committee meetings as requested and process review activities as assigned
- Previous grant or prize management required, especially in scientific organization
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills; writes clearly and concisely using correct grammar and spelling.
- Previous experience managing small to medium (10 to 200) meetings/events preferred
- Experience understanding and working with government agencies is a plus
- High energy, positive attitude, able to work collaboratively and take initiative
- Seeks and provides accurate and timely information to supervisor colleagues and others
- Demonstrates good judgment in prioritizing and accomplishing work in an efficient manner, even in the face of limited resources or conflicting and/or changing priorities
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude within and in support of a team, and an understanding of the importance of customer service
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (with the subject line: KidneyX Coordinator) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the society can only accept online applications for this position.