Supervisory Hazardous Materials Investigator
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To minimally qualify for the GS-15 level, the applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level. "Specialized experience" is defined as experience in managing investigations of hazardous material and/or pipeline accidents and evaluating safety programs, federal laws and regulations, and consensus standards related to hazardous material and/or pipeline safety. Additional examples include experience directing a staff or leading a team that performs technical, investigative, and professional work related to hazardous material and/or pipeline safety.
No education substitution for this grade
- The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. A variety of work life amenities are offered such as alternate work schedules, telework, flextime, fitness benefits and transit benefits.
- Moving expenses associated with permanent change of station (PCS) ARE NOT authorized for this position.
- If you left Federal Employment and received a buy out and you are selected for this position, you may be required to repay the full amount of the payment.
- Multiple and subsequent vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
- Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. Veterans' preference does not apply to positions in the Senior Executive Service or to internal agency actions such as a reassignment or promotion. When claiming preference, veterans must provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other acceptable documentation. Applicants claiming 10 point preference will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. If you have questions about the applicability of veterans' preference for a particular vacancy please contact the agency posting the announcement. To learn more about veterans' preference, special veteran appointing authorities, and other veteran related topics, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
- Telework may be authorized on a case-by-case basis.
- The National Transportation Safety Board provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the National Transportation Safety Board directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be rated using the Category Rating System. Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the Screening Questions/Occupational Questionnaire for consistency. Applicants must first meet any mandatory education/licensure/certification requirements before experience is evaluated. Failure to meet any mandatory requirement as outlined in the qualifications section will disqualify you from further consideration. Based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training in relation to these competencies, you will be placed into one of the following three categories:
- Highly Qualified - Applicants with a background that demonstrates a superior level of possession of all competencies.·
- Well Qualified - Applicants with a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of possession of the competencies.·
- Qualified - Applicants possessing the specialized experience described above and any education or selective factor if also required.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to determine your eligibility and qualifications. If mandatory education/licensure/certification requirements are met, your application will be further evaluated based on training, experience and other factors critical to successful job performance such as:
- Managing Human Capital
- Technical Competence
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication