Information Technology Specialist (Security)
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be paid consistent with NASA's policy.
You qualify at the GS-12 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level performing duties such as:
1. Update and maintain System Security Plans and other Security Assessment and Authorization artifacts on a continuous basis.
2. Perform installations of new hardware, systems, and software for networks infrastructure.
3. Reviewing/ analyzing existing C&A packages for completeness and compliance to NIST C&A guidance.
4. Experience in the IT security use of vulnerability management tools & technologies.
5. Proven skill in handling inventory and IT disposal procedures.
6. Experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare and Microsoft.
You qualify at the GS-13 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level performing duties such as:
1. Responsible for Deploying and operating Medium/large scale cloud infrastructure and application services including configuring and administering Microsoft Windows Server (2012/2016), Share Point 2010, IIS Server, SQL server (2012/2016) including logs analysis, Oracle databases and cloud security.
2. Resolving the most difficult IT information security issues involving a wide variety of different platforms, and operating systems.
3. Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
4. Determining whether computer hardware and software has reached the end of its lifecycle and determine the best methodology on how to retire and dispose of end of lifecycle hardware and software.
5. Responsible for evaluating, understanding, planning, implementing, deploying, operating and maintaining network security applications such as Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Protection Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewall, Security Proxy, Vulnerability Scanning Solutions and Patch Management solutions.
In addition to the specialized experience described above, you must have IT-related experience in each of the following four competencies listed below which must be supported by the information contained in your resume.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There are no education requirements for this position.
Current Federal employees must meet time in grade and three months after competitive appointment restrictions by the closing date of the announcement. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position may be required to undergo a pre-employment background investigation. Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. See 'How You Will Be Evaluated' for definition of well qualified. Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP consideration must indicate their eligibility when applying for a position. The USAJOBS resume asks you to identify your ICTAP eligibility; the NASA Supplemental Information asks you to identify your CTAP eligibility. If you are selected for the position, you must be prepared to submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent Performance Rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location.
As a condition of employment, male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must certify that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This position is announced under Direct Hire authority. Recruitment for this position will follow guidelines established by the Office of Personnel Management for use of Direct Hire authority. Your USAJOBS account asks you to assign a name to each of your resumes. When you apply to a NASA position, we will show you the text of the resume you have submitted, but we do not maintain the name you have assigned to that resume. If you wish to keep track of that information, we recommend you make note of it at the time you apply.
Fair Employment Opportunities for Applicants
NASA Credit for National Service
Identification of promotion potential in this position does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for an actual assignment and performance of higher level duties.
Any individual selected for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Relocation expenses may be paid consistent with NASA's policy.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This announcement will be used to fill vacancies through OPM-authorized government-wide Direct Hire Authority. Category rating, veteran's preference, and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply for this vacancy. All candidates meeting the qualification requirements will be referred to the selecting official.Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes