Contract Price/Cost Analyst
25% or less - Business travel may be required 20% of the time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Current Federal Employee
- Reinstatement Eligible
- Veterans and Preference Eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-12. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience evaluating contractor compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation and Cost Accounting Standards and conducting reviews of Forward Pricing and Final Overhead Rates.
Education cannot be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Advanced Cost and/or Price Analysis
- Contract Performance Management
- Proposal Evaluation (Contracting by Negotiation)
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT (Contracting Series):
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree).
NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.
NOTE: Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 6 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Tour of Duty: Full Time.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
- Position has a positive education requirement.
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will not be authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.