Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Physical Requirements: The work requires physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stretching, reaching, crawling through tight spaces and lifting of light items.
The National Gallery of Art provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must meet the Qualification Standards Handbook requirements for GS-0391-9. This requires at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service, installing or maintaining a variety of telecommunications equipment. OR six full years of education above the high school level in a relevant academic discipline. OR a combination of the above experience and education.
Candidates must reflect in their submitted USAJOBS résumés the possession of this specialized experience. If their résumé does not include such specialized experience, they will be ineligible for this position.
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates.
- Knowledge of telecommunications installation, modification, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Enterprise mobile device management programs, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of telecommunications help-desk, attendant console, and PBX system administration.
- Knowledge of general telecommunications administration and basic computer hardware and software.
- The National Gallery of Art fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
• Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
• AN EXTERNAL SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST BE FINGERPRINTED AND RECEIVE A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, RESULTING IN A SATISFACTORY SUITABILITY DETERMINATION BEFORE BEING HIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
• All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/EEO_Policy_Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three pre-determined quality categories. This evaluation will be based on the personal, educational and work experience indicated in the candidate’s résumé and responses to the applicant questions. The three pre-determined quality categories are: Best-qualified; Well qualified; and Qualified.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your responses are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have overstated your experience or your responses are not supported by your resume OR if your application is incomplete, you will be assigned to a quality category commensurate to your described experience. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not hiring you.
To preview questions please click here.