Trades Manager I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Manager of Projects, Construction, and Infrastructure
The George Mason University, Facilities Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Manager of Projects position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Incumbent plans, organizes, coordinates and directs mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), architectural and infrastructure project activities and non-capital projects assigned to the Facilities Management Department to ensure work is completed in efficient, economical, code compliant and safe manner. Manage the coordination of work with the contracts office and provides oversight of new construction in the general and licensed trades areas. May oversee the Universityâ€™s roofing or other program as assigned. Provides input to department vision and mission changes.
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
- High school graduation or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience using Windows-based personal computer operating systems, Microsoft Office, email applications, and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) Preferred Qualifications:
- Virginia Contractorâ€™s License or a license in one of the MEP trades
- FMP or CFM certification
- Completion of an acceptable apprentice-level training program or equivalent or vocational training or coursework in licensed and architectural trades.
- Significant demonstrated experience (five years preferred) in supervising facilities construction, maintenance, and repair in licensed and/or architectural trades areas. Experience with campus-wide inspections of work in progress at scattered work sites and infrastructure assessment. Incumbent will be experienced with formal preventive maintenance programs.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-21