Trades Technician II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Facilities Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for an HVAC Apprentice position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The purpose of the trades apprentice positon is to provide a pathway for those interested in a career in building trades. Each apprentice will work under the supervision of a Journeyman and be assigned to a Master level mentor. Their Zone location will be rotated on an annual basis to allow for cross-training in different areas of the trade and University. Additional Apprenticeship Program policy and standards are outlined in the Apprenticeship Manual.
- Must be able to safely and independently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and be able to, with assistance, move and transport materials and equipment weighing in excess of 200 lbs. He/she must be able to work in confined spaces requiring bending or stooping for long periods and be able to work from ladders or elevated platforms
- Valid Driverâ€™s License; ability to provide reliable transportation for all classes and events that take place outside of normal working hours.
- High school graduation or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair principles and their application to include but not limited to doors and hardware, furniture, drywall and ceiling repairs, basic electrical, plumbing, and light HVAC.
- Ability to operate power and hand tools such as drills and a variety of hand tools and meters. Good customer service skills and ability to work with the University community.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application, upload your resume and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-21