Counselor - Substance Abuse
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
This is a contract position in Public Health. The person in this role is responsible for professional work in providing screening, assessment, referral and case management services to clients involved in the DSS Family Preservation Program or Infants at Risk, who may be in need of substance abuse and/or mental health treatment services.
- Screening and Assessment – Conduct screening and assessment of referrals from DSS/TMAN to determine level of treatment indicated.
- Case Management – Provide case management services to DCC/TMAN clients.
- Recordkeeping – Maintain accurate case records and submit required documentation.
- Staff Activity – Participate in ongoing staff activity.
- Other duties as assigned – Perform other tasks and duties which are within the general occupational category associated with this class of work
Must have and maintain an active and valid professional counseling license issued by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists (BOPC).
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Contract: ASAP – June 28, 2019 (Possibility of an extension)
Pay Rate: $27.00 per hour
Please email your resume to email@example.com
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Marian Robinson
Senior Account Manager