Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a Product Manager to join our Product team.
This Product Manager will focus on our toolbox for writing and editing stories, managing photography, graphics, alerts and interactive storytelling tools, and scheduling tasks and publication. You will develop a deep understanding of newsroom users and how they work and identify ways to improve their workflows. You will gather business requirements and prioritize work, partnering closely with other product managers, engineers, designers and stakeholders across multiple teams to ship and iterate on new features and functionality.
The ideal candidate is an experienced product owner. You should have excellent communication, prioritization and organization skills. In this role, collaboration is critical. You should be a proactive problem-solver, focused on delivering impactful features that meaningfully improve our ability to publish great journalism quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for an Agile expert who understands how to gather, decompose and prioritize business requirements. You should be detail-oriented, outcome-oriented and a skilled executor. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Identify and gather business requirements for improved and new features and products for our newsroom users, collaborating to drive improvements across a suite of tools.
- Drive the prioritization of features, clearly articulating objectives and key results to inform decision-making.
- Work with the development teams to clarify stories and provide detail needed to estimate and execute on planned work.
- Work side-by-side with developers in an Agile process to develop, iterate and refine products.
- Create and maintain clear product documentation.
- Test products at various stages of development to ensure seamless rollouts for our users.
- Communicate priorities and progress to stakeholders in multiple functional areas and collaborate with newsroom partners to message releases and train users on new features.
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics as well as identify and measure the impact of new features to make informed recommendations about how we should grow our products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience in media, preferably as a journalist or as a product manager working on newsroom tools.
- Experience analyzing user feedback, user research, and performance data to guide product feature development.
- Experience monitoring product performance and managing troubleshooting efforts in real time.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence required. Experience with Aha product planning software a plus.
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving, and collaborative skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization, including executive and C-level. Ability to work well in a dynamic group environment and under deadline pressures.