Senior Coordinator, Global Programs & Resource Development
Position Summary: The Senior Coordinator supports Global Programs and Resource Development (GPRD) projects which contribute to NAFSA’s strategic objectives to promote knowledge development across the field of international higher education. Current priorities include the Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization; Latin America Forum and related programming and resource development for Latin America and the Caribbean; and the Higher Education Partnerships Fair.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as the project manager for the Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization (35%)
- Supports the production and distribution of the annual Internationalizing the Campus report (15%)
- Supports the Latin America Forum (25%)
- Manages the Higher Education Partnerships Fair at the annual conference (5%)
- Fulfills other duties to support GPRD’s work as assigned which may include the following projects (20%):
- Program management of one luncheon at NAFSA’s annual conference;
- Support for NAFSA’s Worldview and Peace programming; and,
- Support for resource development across NAFSA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two years of previous work experience
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of excellent customer relations support using a variety of communication mediums and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Spanish language capability
- Experience with or knowledge of higher/international education
- Previous experience with an association, membership, nonprofit or higher education organization
- Exposure to project coordination or event planning
- Experience with database software, as well as various web or cloud-based conferencing platforms
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace to all employees. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.