Attorney (Corporate Law - Regulatory & International Law)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Law Department is seeking to fill an attorney position in the Corporate Law section at Headquarters. The successful applicant will provide advice and legal analysis of high-profile initiatives related to a variety of practice areas, including public utilities/economic regulation, international treaty analysis and negotiation, bilateral contract drafting and analysis, international customs and export control monitoring, hazardous materials transportation, international aviation security, global product price regulation, tobacco distribution, and universal service provision and service performance regulation. The successful applicant will also advise on and facilitate a variety of commercial, governmental and other transactions, including drafting and negotiating nondisclosure agreements, negotiated service agreements, inter-agency agreements, and business alliance agreements. The successful applicant may also be called upon to prepare responses to inquiries from Congress, governmental entities and the public, and draft legal memoranda, rulemakings, correspondence, or pleadings in court or administrative proceedings. Come work in an energetic, lively and collegial atmosphere on a wide range of complex, fast-paced, challenging matters.
- Ability to prepare pretrial briefs, motions, pleadings, responses and other documents to present the issues independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to provide legal advice and services with respect to regulations, practices, or other legal matters, and formulate opinions involving the analysis and interpretation of federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to litigate cases before administrative bodies and federal courts.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to include the ability to negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients and prepare legal documents and presentations.
- Ability to conduct legal research to gather and interpret information and ensure accuracy of details using resources such as internal and external documents, archives, electronic databases, and interviews.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: To be eligible for the Attorney position, you must possess a Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- SPECIAL CONDITION: Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Bar Association.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least 3 years of experience in legal practice, of which one year of the experience requirement may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship if completed by the time of hire. The clerkship must be documented in the applicant's resume.
- Candidates must have at least three years of experience practicing as an attorney. Two of the three years of experience must be in at least one or more of the following practice areas: a) Export compliance, including advising entities involved in transactions with countries subject to U.S. sanctions; b) Antitrust law; c) International law; d) Public utilities/regulatory economics law; e) Complex litigation; or f) Hazardous Materials Transportation law. Qualified applicant must successfully pass a drug screening.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.
The salary will be based on previous experience, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No