Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position and determining if you are to be among the best qualified.
Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Professional law experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled.
Specialized is experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
For GS-15: Applicants must possess at least four years of professional law experience and at least one year must be equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following:
- Analyzing complex legal issues affecting federal regulatory matters and complex questions of law and fact and rendering opinions on such matters, particularly those involving specialized areas such as telecommunications, spectrum management or the use of market-based mechanisms in regulatory contexts.
- Directing and conducting in-depth, complex legal research on authorities and precedents on points of law.
- Reviewing position papers on controversial and complex issues, policy statements and guidance, rulemaking proceedings, public notices, briefing materials, data requests, and memoranda or reports outlining the facts and legal issues and producing decision papers or recommendations based on such materials.
- Drafting, reviewing and editing complex documents to include briefing materials, issue papers, reports, summaries with recommendations or conclusions, data requests, public notices and rulemaking documents.
- Making oral presentations before a variety of audiences, including persons of different disciplines and levels of authority.
- Managing projects or initiatives to successful conclusions, including projects involving a team consisting of individuals with varying skill sets and diverse areas of expertise and under tight time constraints.
- Serving as subject matter expert (SME) on complex FCC incentive Auction legal and Technical issues, including managing projects for the incentive Auctions Task Force.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
You must meet the minimum basic educational requirements for Attorney positions. Education requirements include: a professional law degree JD, LL.B., and/or LL.M.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All candidates will be considered without regard to political or religious affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap, age, or any other nonmerit factor. THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. Applicants who do not respond to the application questions and/or do not submit a supporting resume will be rated ineligible. Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts); and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
- Knowledge of principles of administrative law and ability to analyze and resolve legal and policy issues in the context of the FCC's auction programs.
- Skill in conducting in-depth legal and factual research and analysis related to major cases or major programs.
- Skill in successfully handling projects and assignments within established guidelines in the context of major cases or major programs.
- Ability to communicate orally to individuals of various levels involving significant or controversial legal and policy issues.
- Ability to communicate in writing to develop moderate and complex documents within time constraints.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No