Property Disposal Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
The initial length of the job is one year but may become permanent.
Register with the Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year trial period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-7 salary range starts at $45,972.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
In order to qualify at the GS-7 level, you must possess one of the following:
A. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as carrying out the collection of funds for a fee-for-service (receivables) government entity (e.g. federal, state, local municipalities, and or DoD), or other organization in which funds were collected and/or responsibilities included reconciliation of daily/weekly/monthly accounting of receivables OR
B. EDUCATION: One full year of graduate level education or a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., PhD., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work of an Property Disposal Specialist OR
C. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:
- Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of: (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; OR (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit here.
Bargaining Unit Status: NFFE
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here's how it will work:
- Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your responses to the online assessments completed during the application process. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Educational Experience (ACWA)
- Mathematical Skills (ACWA)
- Rating (ACWA)
- Social Organizations (ACWA)
- Work Experience (ACWA)
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.