Human Resources Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying appropriate Federal laws, regulations, policies and guidelines in at least two human resources functional areas (e.g., recruitment and placement, classification, employee relations, performance management, HR development, employee benefits).
- Experience providing authoritative management advisory services, which includes researching, analyzing and evaluating the issues, determining applicable precedents, recommending innovated methods and strategies to resolve complex integrated human resources problems, and identifying the most effective approach.
- Experience providing advice and guidance to management on the appropriate disciplinary or corrective actions needed in response to a range of conduct and performance problems.
- Experience drafting a variety of reports, letters, memoranda, position descriptions, position evaluation statements, and other correspondence on a full range of sensitive management issues.
- Experience working with hiring managers to develop a recruitment strategy that will attract a highly qualified diverse applicant pool that meets the needs of the organization. Preparing job opportunity announcements, determining applicants' eligibility and qualifications, ranking candidates and referring highly-qualified candidates for selection.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
Ability to research, interpret and apply human resources laws, regulations policies and procedures.
Ability to communicate in writing.
Ability to communicate orally.
Ability to provide advisory services on a variety of human resources matters.
Ability to analyze classification and/or position management issues or problems.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click
Qualified candidates are assigned a score between 70 and 100. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position and earn a score of at least 85 (when applicants are rated in a range of 70 to 100) to receive consideration for special priority.
If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Your application package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No