Manager Central Research Support Services
Manager Central Research Support Services
This position will oversee needs requirements for the research coordinators and study teams. They will work directly with research coordinators to provide training of new federal guidance, GU policies, and Medstar policies. Ensure that all coordinators are using the same uniform forms and process to report to the GU centralized office, BGRO, and Medstar. Ensure that they are familiar and uploading to right documents as needed in to the CTMS, BGRO, as well as other GU or Medstar applications. Educate the relevant research disciplines of new certification requirements emerging through the federal guidance, GU, or Medstar. Provide training to enhance the knowledge base of any related discipline. Review job descriptions in research with GU Human resources and Medstar in order to build out a career path for research coordinators, allowing them to advance educationally, financially, and professionally. Involves complicated bodies of knowledge/functions that differ substantially from each other. Little Guidance: Performs complex functions, establishes priorities, resolves issues, rarely refers to supervisor. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides annual, probation evaluations, proactively soliciting feedback from coordinators, the Principal investigators, and relevant supervisors in the department assigned.
- Creates uniform training program for all coordinators with appropriate levels and tools of learning. Shadow the coordinators to ensure orientation and training is applied. Provide checklist to HR for file. Evaluate staff on required checklist annually.
- Advises, attends, and manages the Clinical Research Feasibility Committee as required by supervisor in collaboration with the Georgetown University Medstar Hospital.
- Trains and educates on new policies within GU and Medstar. Proactively creating policies that should be in place which impact coordinator time and study budgets.
- Meets regularly with all departments to review needs and requirements and ensure that coordinators have the resources they need to complete the tasks, activities, reports, assignment based on study complexity
- Centralizes the job descriptions of research disciplines and creating, revising, updating job descriptions as needed. Ensuring each department has the right amount of coordinator's on staff based on volume and study complexity.
- Facilitates any on call pools and per-diem staff. Oversees that budgets are accurately reflecting time and effort of coordinator's. The oversight of efficiency and harmonization as to how the coordinator's on-call time is used.
- Master's Degree
- 4-5 years of experience in clinical research and minimum of 1 year of management experience
- Experience as a research coordinator is required
- Lead role is preferred. Experience in training staff, generating job descriptions, career path building
- Experience in a clinical study manager application and training staff in that application is preferred
- Building permanent training manuals. Experience in audits by FDA & CMS preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.