FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Financial Reporting Accountant for a one-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment to provide financial reporting support in the Finance and Administration Department. This position will report to the Senior Financial Reporting Senior Accountant and is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Timely preparation of periodic financial reports and invoices for a range of donors.
- Monitor billed and unbilled receivables for delinquent payments and billable cost.
- Research and identify information for proper crediting of cash received
- Review monthly project status reports.
- Monitor and analyze project spending and commitments.
- Address internal and external inquiries regarding project financial matters.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Financial analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business related field plus two years of relevant professional experience, or Associate’s degree in accounting or other business related field plus five years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in project based organizations.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyze and properly interpret contractual documentation with donors and other parties.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- NGO Experience
- Experience working in Deltek-Costpoint environment
Click on the following link to access the Financial Reporting Accountant job application: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IFPRI&cws=1&rid=1939
Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, detailed letter of interest, and three references. For more information about IFPRI, please visit our website at www.ifpri.org. EOE.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.