Supervisory Attorney Advisor (Assistant Division Chief)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position.
Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement in order to be considered for this position. Candidates must have held the next lower grade or have equivalent education and/or experience in the normal line of progression for this position for a least one year.
General Experience: None
Selective Factor: None
Professional law experience: Professional law experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled.
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience in or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service.
For GS-15: Applicants must possess at least four years of professional law experience and at least one year must be equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal Service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following:
- Analyzing complex legal issues affecting federal regulatory matters and complex questions of law and fact and rendering opinions on such matters;
- Directing and conducting in-depth, complex factual investigations and/or legal research on controversial and complex issues and producing decision papers or recommendations based on such investigations and research;
- Drafting, reviewing and editing complex documents;
- Making oral presentations before a variety of audiences; and
- Managing multiple projects or initiatives involving a team with varying skill sets and diverse areas of expertise.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet the minimum basic educational requirements for Attorney positions. Education requirements include: a professional law degree JD, LL.B., and/or LL.M.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All candidates will be considered without regard to political or religious affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap, age, or any other nonmerit factor. THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. Applicants who do not respond to the application questions and/or do not submit a supporting resume will be rated ineligible. Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions (answered when you register in FCCJobs;
2. the vacancy questions (answered when you apply for this vacancy. To view the vacancy questions please click on view the announcement as well as the vacancy questions;
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts); and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be reated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions, provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process.
You will be evaluated for this position on the following evaluation criteria:
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing to produce a variety of legal documents
- Ability to analyze legal and policy issues
- Ability to explain complex or controversial information to diverse audiences
- Skill in researching legal data
- Ability to manage multiple projects or initiatives
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No