Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position – Background Investigation (BI) required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here. Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
- Degree in: Accounting or related field such as Business Administration, Finance, or Public Administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in Accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in Business Law.
- Combination of education and experience-at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge.
The applicant's background must also include one of the following: 1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; 2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or 3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24 semester hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g. valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
In addition to the Basic Requirements, the applicant must have one of the following:
1. One full year of specialized experience equivalent in responsibility and scope to the grade 7 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience demonstrating a professional knowledge of and skill in apply accounting and auditing concepts, principles, and methods sufficient to work independently using conventional procedures and practices that apply to most situations encountered.
2. Completion of a Master's or equivalent graduate degree or at least two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field of study directly related to the work of this position as described in the vacancy announcement.
3. A combination of specialized experience and graduate education beyond the first year of graduate study that together meet the requirements for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
There are several vacancies and candidates are encouraged to apply early to maximize their opportunity for consideration. Additional selections may be made should we determine there are more vacancies to fill in the same position.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing standards and principles when advising or applying auditing and accounting principles, practices and analytical and evaluative methods; when performing systematic examinations and appraisals of financial records, reports, management controls, policies and practices; analyzing audit and accounting systems, policies and programs; and detecting fraud, waste and abuse in accounting and operating systems and activities.
- Knowledge of organization and management principles and practices combined with a substantive knowledge of FDIC and financial institutions missions, strategic goals, and objectives to evaluate programs to make technical and practical recommendations for improvement and compliance.
- Skill in researching, analyzing and evaluating complex, interrelated and unyielding technical issues, financial data and related digital systems.
- Ability to prepare and present complicated and intricate written materials in a clear and concise manner as well as ability to establish good working relationships with a wide variety of officials and representatives of government and financial institutions at various organizational levels.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No