Acquisition Project Management Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-12 salary range starts at $81,548.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is providing technical consultation, customer service, and complex project management for multiple projects in the information technology (IT), or professional (business) services areas. This experience must demonstrate knowledge of information technology or professional services, and must include design and acquisition of products and services in at least one of the two areas listed above. Such experience must also include establishing new business opportunities by developing partnerships and networks with various organizations.
Bargaining Unit status: NoneRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of the capabilities, uses, and integration requirements of state-of-the-art information technology and professional services products and services.
- Knowledge of acquisition procurement regulations, acquisition terminology, acquisition planning and contract administration procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, principles and techniques required to receive, analyze and resolve customer requests and problems.
- Skill in managing IT and/or professional services’ projects concurrently for a variety of user agencies.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No