Information Technology Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience and/or education for this grade level:
Applicants must have Information Technology related experience demonstrating each of the four required competencies: 1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; 2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; 3) Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; AND 4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. (This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents.)
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service that included: 1) collaborating with network specialists, application developers, system administrators, security specialists, and vendors to prevent recurring problems; 2) diagnosing complex problems in response to customer reported incidents via trouble tickets; 3) performing program testing and debugging to meet customers' needs; and 4) applying physical security protocol for IT controlled spaces. (Must be reflected in resume.)
Have completed 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a related field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. (Must submit transcripts.)
Have a combination of the graduate education described in A and specialized experience described in B, such that they total 100% of the stated minimum qualifications for the GS-09 level. (Must submit transcripts and be reflected in resume.)
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
In addition, when reviewing applicant's transcripts, assumptions will not be made. Applicants MUST state which coursework is relevant.
This position is open to Competitive Merit Promotion, Non-Competitive, and Special Hiring Authority eligibles. You must meet the requirements for one of the following categories to be eligible.
1. A current permanent competitive service employee; former Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or former Federal employee who served on a career conditional appointment without achieving career status in the competitive service who was separated less than three years ago. This includes applicants who have not previously held, or currently hold this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this announcement. Must submit SF-50.
2. A Veteran applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), must submit a copy of your DD-214 showing an honorable discharge to be considered. To be eligible, a veteran must be honorably separated and either a preference eligible or have substantially completed 3 or more years of active service. NOTE: Current employees applying under VEOA must submit a qualifying SF-50 to show they meet time-in-grade requirements.
3. A 30% or more Disabled Veteran. You must submit your DD214, a completed SF-15, and letter from the VA dated 1991 or later to be considered.
4. Military spouses are eligible if their active duty military spouse: 1) receives a Permanent Change of Station move; 2) has a 100% disability rating; or 3) died while on active duty. Please submit supporting documentation.
5. Schedule A: Documentation of eligibility can be obtained from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e. state or private); or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. Territory that issues or provides disability benefits. This letter must be separate from any Veterans Preference documentation.
6. A Former Peace Corps or VISTA Volunteers Appointment. Must submit documentation.
7. Veterans eligible for a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA). You must submit a copy of your DD-214. NOTE: VRA only applies to positions at the GS-11 level and below.
8. Other non-competitive authorities (please see announcement language for applicable authorities)
9. A current or former Land Management Bureau employee who has served at least 24 months under a time-limited competitive appointment who is eligible for appointment under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling and working at a keyboard and monitor.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-9 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the skills necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher-level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed, and no promise of promotion is implied.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. All applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and have a final assessment score of 85 or better. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/#ictap
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and have a final assessment score of 85 or better. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/#ctap
Active Duty Service Members-- You must submit a statement of discharge/certification of release or an official written document from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions no later than 120 days from the date the certification is signed. Enlisted Record Briefs and military identification do NOT qualify as official documentation.
Selective Service: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No