Program Management Specialist (Lead)
Program Management Specialist (Lead)
Office of the Registrar
Non-Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Grade 010
Location: Academic Center at Largo
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program Management Specialist (Lead). The Lead Program Management Specialist position will support day to day operations within the Incoming Transcript unit. The position will assist in managing the overall incoming transcript workflow through various systems and troubleshoot data issues ensuring accuracy of the documents received. The position will also provide additional support as a Lead beyond clerical duties expected. He/She will provide leadership, guidance and direction of workflow, which will allow the management staff to better manage the team as the Lead can provide high level subject matter expertise support for other work and training items. The Lead Program Management Specialist will also assist in other areas within both teams (Processing and Data Entry), establishing baselines and coordinate follow up. The incumbent will serve as a point of contact for the transcript processor and data entry teams, providing issue and problem resolution, make independent decisions and ensure the process is working efficiently and mentor frontline staff in determining authenticity of documents. The Lead Program Management Specialist will serve as part of a collaborative team designed to enhance efficiency, provide superior student service, use the most recent industry knowledge to create solutions to problems and streamline processes through the application of new technology to existing methods. The Lead Program Management Specialist will champion change based on the UMUC world class student service guiding principles.
- Research, identify, and use best practices in the area of transcripts to assure efficiency and accuracy in records, making recommendations to the Associate/Assistant Registrar for process improvements that move UMUC to outstanding customer service and industry leading processing times.
- Monitor and track problems to identify and solve large-scale or systemic issues.
- Service as an initial point of contact for escalations and as a knowledge expert to field general questions from the front line staff.
- Train staff in transcript processing, including cross-training other staff members in the unit and mentoring new hires. Develop training materials and learning aids.
- As a backup, assist in other areas within Incoming Transcripts/Data Entry, performing various job duties related to transcript processing, document scanning, and data entry.
- Provide team leadership for changing and updating processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience with document management systems, records, and/or transcripts.
- Understanding of document management systems, records, and/or transfer credit and accreditation policies and practices.
- Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to effectively lead a variety of projects.
- Ability to build collaboration within teams.
- Exceptional organizational, communication skills both written and verbal.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple administrative tasks and working both independently and collaboratively.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree.
- Seven (7) years experience working with PeopleSoft Academic Advising and/or Campus Community modules.
- Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Strategic forward thinking approach.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.