Business Immigration Paralegal
Experienced Business Immigration Paralegal sought for firm in Reston, VA.
In this position you will support the firm's attorneys and senior paralegals in the preparation and filing of petitions and applications with USCIS, DOL, and DOS. This includes all aspects of immigration case management, including preparing visa petitions and correspondence, researching immigration laws and procedures, gathering case-related information, and helping to develop case strategies and firm processes.
In this position you will: communicate and coordinate with clients to gather required documents required for filing non-immigrant visa petitions, primarily involving the H-1B, L-1A, and L-1B visa categories; prepare/draft filings to relevant federal and state agencies; conduct research of immigration law and procedures; prepare draft correspondence and memoranda; enter case information into computerized databases and case management systems; track the status of filings and inform the client of any follow up that may be necessary; train support staff on immigration practice and procedures; and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience as a business immigration paralegal.
- Experience preparing non-immigrant (e.g., H-1B, L-1, E-3, TN, etc.) filings is a plus;
- Prior experience with direct client communication required;
- Must be able to work effectively under strict time deadlines while handling significant case volumes;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Ability to quickly adapt to new or changing systems and applications is key. Experience with database software or case management systems a plus.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Tracy Van Duston
Senior Account Manager