Program Assistant - Sub Central
The Program Assistant supports Human Resources and Talent Development and SubCentral operations. The
position is responsible for a variety of tasks including: placement of substitutes, generating a variety of reports, and performing data searches with accuracy and attention to detail, communicating with school principals, administrators and staff, processes paperwork and onboarding sessions for new employees, assists with Substitute orientation and training, answer phone calls, email and general questions on how to become a substitute, attend off site recruiting events, and assume additional office responsibilities and duties as assigned. The employee will create and maintain large databases of substitute information by updating, editing, deleting and modifying data elements, fields and records. The employee must be able to complete assignments independently, work collaboratively with other office staff, and demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
answers inquiries regarding the centralized substitute calling program.
* Creates and maintains substitute databases, including but not limited to entering job and employee
data and continuously refining the substitute information system and substitute employee information
on the mainframe database.
* Run applicant queries and update lists of eligible substitutes (daily and long-term).
* Assists in the assignment of long term substitutes and prepares reports and processes assignment forms
* Works collaboratively with SubCentral team to monitor applicants and track them through the full
* Processes substitutes for final hire by ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed and accurate.
* Coordinates substitute orientations and training programs to include presenting during the orientation
* Sends and monitors substitute orientation evaluation surveys.
* Coordinates with other staff members for the annual substitute teacher award event.
* Performs all other office related duties as required.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred or any equivalent combination of education and
* Demonstrated knowledge of school-based substitute hiring practices and/or sourcing applicants for
* Demonstrated knowledge of database software, including the ability to maintain databases through
data entry, editing of information, and updating procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, compile and summarize data and to identify specific
procedural problems and make corrections.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to handle new duties including the ability to determine and
set work priorities, maintain confidentiality,
* Demonstrated ability to work and respond calmly and efficiently when under pressure and to
demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to assist in the coordination of events, meetings, and programs
* Strong skills in task management and organization.
* Strong oral, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with
many different audiences.
* Demonstrated ability in operating standard office equipment.
The Program Assistant (SubCentral)reports to the Specialist, SubCentral.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.