Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is looking for an ambitious direct hire or contract to hire Senior Software Engineer to join the Data Science and Artificial Intelligence team. Our engineers work with a team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, and clients to design, build and deploy state of the art machine learning applications. Past projects include chatbots, real-time publishing systems, recommendation systems, and topic clustering algorithms.
We use a variety of technologies including Python, Java, Clojure, Spark, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, Hadoop, Postgres, and Elasticsearch. You will be responsible for taking Data Science projects and transforming them into high-quality production systems that run at scale.
More about what you'll do in this role:
- Participate in all stages of software development - from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Architect new micro-services
- Design database schemas
- Deploy services to AWS.
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
More about what we're looking for:
- 3+ years development experience
- Strong coding background in an object-oriented or functional programming language
- Passion for machine learning.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building and running critical web services in production