Senior Financial Analyst
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post's FP&A department is seeking a Financial Analyst/Sr. Financial Analyst with expertise in financial modeling, planning, valuation and analysis. This role requires advanced FP&A skillset, but also a sense of creativity and curiosity in the constantly evolving operations of a print and digital media business. The desired candidate will be self-sufficient and self-directed in managing his/her core FP&A responsibilities, drive business efficiency, and communicate timely business insights to inform management decision making.
The recent purchase of The Washington Post by Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos has propelled the company into the elite set of US digital publishers. Along with the robust investment and record-breaking growth in digital revenue and traffic comes the responsibility of guiding the company's resources into complete optimization to reach both strategic and financial objectives. This role will be part of a team charged with this task: using data-driven analytics combined with comprehensive judgment to advise team members and management on both short and long-term planning.
- Preparation of annual operating plans, quarterly forecasts and long-range plan
- Monthly financial reporting and variance analysis for business partners
- Provide strategic modeling and ad hoc financial analysis support on new business proposals and initiatives
- Constantly identify and communicate opportunities for margin improvements
- Be able to work and collaborate closely with other members of the FP&A team to build scalable long-term planning processes and financial models
- Proactively highlight opportunities for financial process improvements
- Assist with monthly close process by providing accrual inputs
- Financial modeling and analysis skills are the main requirement for this position, but preference is given to candidates with 3+ years in FP&A at a growth company (including knowledge of GAAP accounting)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field (Master's degree desired)
- Understanding and operational familiarity of GL and financial planning systems
- Proven presentation and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of management