MANAGER, STATE AND LOCAL AFFAIRS
Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International.
Founded in 1907, BOMA International is the leading professional association advancing a vibrant commercial real estate industry and serving as a leading resource on building management and operations.
Director, State and Local Affairs
As a key member of the Department of Advocacy and Building Codes, manage advocacy-related tasks and projects with a primary focus on state and local government. In partnership with the Director of State and Local Affairs, ensure that BOMA’s state coalitions and 88 local associations receive exceptional and timely resources and assistance. This is a full-time position located at our Washington, D.C. office.
2+ years of experience preferred in policy research and analysis; demonstrated interest in policy and advocacy at the state and local levels of government; strong aptitude for research and writing; exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Research state and local policies and develop white papers and additional resources on priority issues
- Monitor state legislation and prepare tracking reports
- Develop content for the BOMA website
- Produce communications materials including e-newsletter articles
- Provide support as needed for the work of multiple committees, including Government Affairs, Energy and Environment, Building Codes, and Preparedness
- Assist with preparation of materials for BOMA’s annual conferences
- Assist with additional support tasks for the department as needed
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Meg Novak, Government Affairs and PAC Manager, at email@example.com
BOMA International is an equal opportunity employer