Condominium Association Assistant General Manager
Property Manager/Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager (Assistant GM) reports to the General Manager (GM) in a subordinate capacity. He/She must be able to assume the duties of the GM in his/her absence. The Assistant GM must display exceptional interpersonal skills, be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and accurately and efficiently conduct office and operating operations. Human resources management is a critical aspect of this job. The Assistant GM is one of the primary communicators with the community acting as the Management’s lead Customer Service Representative, which requires diplomacy and professionalism at all times. The position co-supervises a staff of 22 positions including a 24-hour front desk, valet services, security staff, an accountant, a management operations representative, an executive assistant and all office operations. This position maintains significant interaction with residents in person, by telephone or e-mail by providing prompt, helpful, courteous and professional assistance on the broad range of activities and services required at The Towers. The Assistant GM serves as the liaison between the General Manager, residents, delivery companies, contractors and the general public. The Assistant GM is responsible for general office duties, telephone traffic, office decorum, maintaining the office files, inspections of the property, and for addressing resident and the general public concerns. The Assistant GM must maintain ongoing communications with the GM by advising of complaints, suggestions, and requests and report any other information regarding the operation of the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the acting GM in the event of the General Manager’s absence.
- Compose correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and professional appearance.
- Assist GM in preparing property inspection reports
- Assist in the development of the annual operating budget
- Assist in the production of monthly Board Packages
- Oversee and coordinate rules violations enforcement activities. Inspect property for violations and conduct follow-up inspections to confirm compliance
- Process all resale disclosure applications
- Supervise all administrative departments function and management office day-to-day operations.
- Assist residents on a day-to-day basis by fielding questions and addressing resident concerns.
- Attend several Board meetings a month (as requested) and all Rules violation hearings and special meetings.
- Maintain documents and records in appropriate files and coordinate mailings and notice distribution as necessary.
- Manages and implements programs related to property software (Building Link) and is computer proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Adobe and other software.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year Commensurate With Experience
Required education: Bachelor's Degree/Associates Degree Plus 5 Years Of Verifiable Related Experience
Required experience: Management: 5 years Financial Management And Budgeting: Basic Knowledge
Specific Job Experience: Multi Unit Homeowners Association/Homeowners or Co-Op
Specific Multi-Unit/Association/Single Site Of Proven Experience of at least 3 years is required Required language: English