Occasional travel - To attend conferences or meetings.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
***ALL SUPPLEMENTAL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE FCC'S HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ONCE YOU APPLY TO THIS VACANCY YOU WILL BE PROMPTED BY THE SYSTEM TO EITHER UPLOAD DOCUMENTS OR PRINT FAX COVER-SHEETS. THE FAX NUMBER WILL BE LISTED ON THIS SHEET. IF FAXING, ALL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED SHOULD BE FAXED SEPARATELY ON THE FAX COVER-SHEET PROVIDED. ONCE FAXED, YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION WITHIN AN HOUR. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION, YOUR FAX HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFULLY RECEIVED AND YOU SHOULD FAX AGAIN.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO FAX THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 202-418-0130 PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.***
Supplemental Documents Required:
Current Federal employees should submit a copy of their most recent annual performance appraisal;
Veterans must submit a legible copy of form DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," or an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference, plus the proof required by that form. Please refer to OPM's VetGuide for further information about veterans' preference at
http://www.opm/veterans/html/vetguide or click on VetGuide
Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Professional law experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
GS-14: In addition to meeting the educational requirements, you must possess at least three years of professional law experience and at least one year of that experience must be at or equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service.
1) conducting legal research and preparing legal documents;
2) developing research strategies for complex legal issues;
3) writing complex documents such as briefs, issue papers, orders, rule making items, and report summaries with analyses and recommendations (writing sample required during the second level review);
4) making oral presentations, communicating legal research results, and defending legal positions; and
5) experience providing legal guidance to attorneys and other professionals.
GS-15: In addition to meeting the educational requirements, you must possess at least four years of professional law experience and at least one year of that experience must be specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal Service.
1) overseeing and/or leading others in analyzing complex issues affecting federal regulatory matters and questions of law and fact and rendering opinions on such issues;
2) directing and conducting in-depth, complex legal research on authorities and precedents on points of law;
3) reviewing and analyzing pleadings and other position papers on controversial and complex issues;
4) writing and directing others in writing detailed and complex documents including briefs, issue papers, reports, policy statements, and summaries with recommendations or conclusions(writing sample required during the second level review); and
5) providing legal guidance to attorneys and other professionals.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet the minimum basic educational requirements for Attorney positions. Education requirements include: a professional law degree JD, LL.B., and/or LL.M.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All candidates will be considered without regard to political or religious affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap, age, or any other nonmerit factor. THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. Applicants who do not respond to the application questions and/or do not submit a supporting resume will be rated ineligible. Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions.
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts); and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
1. Knowledge of the Communications Act.
2. Skill in analyzing and resolving legal issues.
3. Skill in managing a project and leading a team.
5. Skill in communicating effectively in writing to produce a variety of legal documents (we will ask you to perform a writing exercise at the interview).
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No