Director/Office of Executive Management
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes may be authorized.
Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Written Communication, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs):
This position also requires that you possess PTQs that represent knowledge, skills, and abilities essential for success in this role. The following PTQs must be evident in your resume.
1. Extensive knowledge in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures, organizational culture, strategic planning, business management activities including Executive Management, Communications, Records Management.
2. Expert knowledge in the development and implementation of policies, planning, and requirements for goals and operational strategies to ensure efficient and effective allocation and use of program resources.
3. A background in the formulation and implementation of Operational Strategies. Extensive Knowledge and Experience in managing organizational culture, strategic planning, and business management activities, including human resource management, facility operations, budget execution, communications, records management, information management, logistics, ethics, and travel.
4. Extensive knowledge in all strategic activities relating to organizational performance and operations of the Agency, including operational processes. Ensures the Agency uses program management policies by developing and improving the role of program managers through enhanced training and educational opportunities.
5. Extensive knowledge and experience in substantive program matters in policy and program development covering the full range of interests and activities of complex organizations.
It is STRONGLY recommended that you visit the following Office of Personnel Management (OPM) webpage for more information regarding the Fundamental Competencies and ECQs.
IF SELECTED, you will be required to complete an ECQ package by drafting narratives for each of the ECQs and be certified by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in order to be placed in this position. If you are currently serving in a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), you WILL NOT need to draft the ECQs.
There are no education requirements for this series.
Salary for Senior Executive Service positions varies depending on qualifications. The annual salary range may be found at the top of this announcement. This position may be eligible for performance bonuses and performance based pay adjustments.
Selectee must serve a one-year probationary period unless s/he previously completed one year the Senior Executive Service.
Standards of Conduct/Financial Disclosure
HHS inspires public confidence by maintaining high ethical principles, and all Federal Government employees are subject to the conflict of interest statutes and regulations, including the Standards of Ethical Conduct, that govern activities with outside organizations and reporting financial holdings. The Ethics in Government Act, PL 95-521 also requires the applicant selected for this position to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-278, prior to assuming the SES position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
Security and Background Requirements
If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equality is held as one of the most important values at HHS. Selection for this, and any other position, will be based solely on merit. HHS does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or any other non-merit factors.
If applying online poses a hardship to you, you may submit your application by contacting the HR Specialist listed at the end of this vacancy announcement.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the HR Specialist listed at the end of this vacancy announcement. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Veteran's Preference does not apply to the SES.
As a condition of employment, all male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. If selected for this position, the applicant must sign a statement certifying his registration, or the applicant must demonstrate exempt status under the Selective Service Law.
A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your cover letter (Optional) and your resume (NOT TO EXCEED FIVE PAGES), demonstrating possession of the technical qualifications and achievement of the five executive core qualifications are the documents that will be used to determine your basic and specialized qualifications for the position. YOU MUST ADHERE TO THE RESUME PAGE LIMIT ABOVE OR YOU MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes