Part-time Transit Specialist
Part time Transit Specialist
The Department of Transportation and Environmental Services (T&ES) is seeking a Part time Transit Specialist to support the City's Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program, GO Alex, which is part of the Division of Mobility Services. Through GO Alex, the City strives to increase awareness of non-SOV travel options, improve mobility within and through the City, and lessen congestion. The Transit Specialist will oversee the GO Alex Employer Outreach Program, which works with employers to develop commute strategies for their employees. As part of this Program, the Transit Specialist will engage and maintain relationships with employer contacts and meet with employers and their employees to develop effective commute strategies.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the vision, mission, and values of the City of Alexandria, encourages innovation and provides excellent customer service as a core value;
- Seeks to improve programmatic effectiveness by evaluating existing operations, making suggestions for efficiencies and developing strategic direction of employer outreach program;
- Leads GO Alex Employer Outreach activities including developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new employers;
- Manages inventory for employer relations needs and schedule for employer meetings, trainings, and other events;
- Coordinates with other T&ES divisions and City Departments to align the goals and mission of GO Alex with other City programs and supports the TDM Coordinator in administration of GO Alex program;
- Develops, maintains and engages to create new relationships with employers and associations such as Visit Alexandria and the Chamber of Commerce;
- Executes employer marketing strategy, including participating in commuter fairs and creating promotional material;
- Collects and maintains data used for employer outreach grant reimbursement;
- Provides trip planning and personal assistance, both in person and through Commuter Connections, to residents who require support; and
- Develops and manages grants received from the Commonwealth and the federal government funding TDM activities, as well as prepare budgets for the program.
The Ideal Candidate
To qualify for this position, all candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Marketing, Business Administration or related program; one year of progressively responsible experience in transportation planning and/or engineering, or operations analysis; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
About the Department
T&ES is a community partner in shaping a livable, green, and prospering Alexandria. We plan, build, operate, and maintain transportation systems and infrastructure that improve mobility and provide people and businesses with core public services. The work we do keeps Alexandrians moving, growing sustainability, and thriving. If you are curious for a broader view of our City government click here, or for a broader view of the City of Alexandria click here.