Administrative & Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Anticipated starting salary is in the low to mid $40â€™s
Web Announcement :
CAPMM Administrative Specialist
The George Mason University, Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine in the College of Science invites candidates to apply for our Administrative Specialist position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The CAPMM Administrative Specialist serves as the primary administrative assistant for the center and its co-directors. In this capacity, the incumbent provides administrative support to the co-directors, researchers, and staff; provides administrative support to the research-related activities of the center; initiates, processes, and coordinates the human resources activities for the center; coordinates travel arrangements; and makes routine purchases in collaboration with other center staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the center with external constituencies;
- Maintain the calendars of the center directors;
- Order and maintain supplies;
- Prepare and track work orders;
- Track research project deadlines to ensure timely submissions;
- Support the CAP/CLIA recertification process;
- Support participants in the centerâ€™s research studies;
- Interface with doctors, patients, and students who seek information about clinical trials, medical consultations, and research training opportunities;
- Initiate all Human Resources processes for the center;
- Serve as Search Committee Coordinator for all searches in the center; and
- Advise center faculty and staff on hiring guidelines, processes, and restrictions as needed;
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for center researchers travelling domestically and internationally; and
- Make routine office purchases.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of general office procedures, systems and equipment;
- Working knowledge of basic human resources principles;
- Intermediate experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and an aptitude for learning specialized software such as Ellucian Banner;
- Experience interfacing with diverse customers;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to effectively navigate complex situations;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to self-initiate tasks and bring them to closure; and
- Appropriate standing at the university to be eligible to receive and maintain access to Mason administrative systems (i.e.: Banner, Travel, Purchase Card).
- Experience working at a large, public institution of higher education; and/or
- Experience working in a research center.
About us: The mission of the Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine (CAPMM) is to: a) create new technologies and make basic science discoveries in the field of disease pathogenesis b) apply these discoveries and technologies to create and implement strategies for disease prevention, early diagnosis and individualized therapy. The primary emphasis of our disease research is cancer, but new technologies developed in the center are being applied to a number of important human diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity, as well as liver, ocular, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases. For more information about CAPMM, visit http://capmm.gmu.edu/
The College of Science blends traditional science education with sought-after programs in molecular medicine, climate dynamics, planetary science, forensic science, environmental studies, and geoinformation science to prepare students for exciting careers at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary scientific domains. While serving as a vital community and regional resource for teaching and learning through hands-on programming for kindergarten through 12th grade (Kâ€“12) students, teacher training, and outreach programs, the college also undertakes pioneering research endeavors that offer insight and solutions to the complex issues that challenge todayâ€™s world. For more information about the College of Science, visit http://cos.gmu.edu/about/.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :