Administrative & Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Anticipated starting salary is in the low to mid $40â€™s
Web Announcement :
ESP Fiscal & HR Technician
The George Mason University, Department of Environmental Science and Policy in the College of Science invites applications for our Fiscal and HR Technician position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Working collaboratively with the Department chair, department staff, and members of the college-level finance and HR teams, the Fiscal & HR Technician initiates the departmentâ€™s HR and fiscal tasks. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Procure and reconcile goods and supplies (including identifying vendors and requesting quotes);
- Draft HR and fiscal transaction forms;
- Process expenditures (food and beverage, travel authorizations, and reimbursements);
- Initiate recruitments, appointments, work authorizations, and compensation changes;
- Perform onboarding and off-boarding HR tasks; and
- Maintain the departmentâ€™s personnel files.
All work is performed in accordance with policies of the college, university, government agencies, and applicable professional standards.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to research, investigate, and evaluate data;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information; and
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines; and
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
- Experience working in a similar position within a higher education environment;
- A basic understanding of human resources principles; and
- Experience with, or knowledge of, procurement and purchasing procedures and requirements.
About us: The Department of Environmental Science and Policy is dedicated to delivering academic programs to graduate and undergraduate students, and performs scholarly activity in the areas of environmental science, environmental policy, conservation science and policy, water and watershed science and policy, and ecological health and sustainability. The department also serves the university, local, state, national and international communities with its expertise and teaching programs. For more information about ESP, visit us on the web at https://esp.gmu.edu/. For more information about the College of Science, visit https://cos.gmu.edu.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :