Information Technology Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS)-located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a wCMS Analyst position within Enterprise Applications, Web Applications and Services team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Serves as subject matter expert for University websites and technologies
- Designs, builds and maintains web and electronic content for websites
- Communicates with technical teams and end user communities
- Consults with system engineers to ensure servers, projects, and processes best serve web clients and support the needs of University web presence
- Manages several listservs and plans periodic meetings of campus webmasters interest groups and technology coordinators
- Serves on the Mason Web Team
- Responds to customer requests and questions; and manages and maintains web Content Management systems (wCMS)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or appropriate combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated relevant IT work experience;
- Experience in Drupal and/or WordPress web content management systems, development, administration and maintenance;
- WordPress website development and design;
- Working knowledge of Adobe, PHP, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, FTP/SSH principles and techniques of web design and layout;
- Strong software development background in developing web-based content management applications and workflows;
- Knowledgeable in using relational database management systems and implementing database queries; and
- Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical, and organization skills.
- Three or more yearsâ€™ of relevant IT work experience;
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion and Unix/Apache;
- Project management experience;
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox web browsers, Windows OS, and Macintosh OS;
- Knowledge of Flash and Fireworks, web accessibility and usability, Internet trends, programming functionality;
- Experience with Cold Fusion programming; and
- Drupal website development and design.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02126z by February 25, 2019 at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :