Supervisor 1/Coordinator 1 (19221)
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University (Mason) seeks a full-time Executive Assistant at the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) (https://smconservation.gmu.edu). The position will be based at SMSC, located at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute (SCBI), (https://nationalzoo.si.edu/conservation) in Front Royal, VA. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
SMSC offers a range of compelling residential, hands-on, interdisciplinary programs in conservation biology for undergraduate and graduate students and professionals. This program focuses on building conservation-related skills and professional development opportunities for individuals interested in becoming conservation professionals.
Responsibilities: The incumbent is responsible for performing high-level administrative duties for the SMSC Executive Director. Responsibilities include:
- Provides support to the Executive Director, including schedule management, meeting preparation, and travel arrangements and reimbursement;
- Acts as the SMSC Advisory Board Administrative Support by overseeing and monitoring Advisory Board business, including communications, and board meeting administrative support;
- Composes and edits written correspondence at the Executive Directorâ€™s direction;
- Manages, schedules, publicizes, and evaluates events hosted by the SMSC Executive Director;
- Monitors and updates the SMSC website to ensure information is accurate and current.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated experience working in an educational or office setting performing executive assistant duties;
- Demonstrated writing skills to include executive-level correspondence, documentation, and reports;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external constituents;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Successful completion of standard and special agency federal background check. Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 to 5 years of executive assistant experience;
- Experience in academic environment.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-28