Manager, Proposals (BDM)
Working closely with our sales leads, the BDM will coordinate with functional experts in operations, pricing, marketing, and legal in the preparation of complex proposals and presentations. This high-visibility position calls for a confident communications professional with excellent strategic-thinking, writing, project management, analytical and collaboration skills. The preferred candidate is self-directed and will have experience in a deadline driven environment.
- Proposal Development: Responsible for proposal development - ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, schedules, activities with cross functional business areas, and directing submission of the final proposal.
- Oversee the entire proposal process, making sure that every member of the proposal team, including sales, subject matter experts, pricing, design, marketing, knows what is expected of him/her and when tasks are due.
- Create the proposal schedule and keep track of proposal progress
- Read and analyze RFPs to create compliant outlines for proposal responses.
- Take ownership of proposal sections (e.g., past performance, technical, management), research content, and write responses
- Help develop and communicate win themes, strategies and design approaches
- Work with sales and operational subject matter experts as contributors and/or reviewers.
- Edit and format all proposal deliverables.
- Identify need for graphical content and engage appropriate design resources.
- Remain aligned with opportunities through client decision.
- Support the preparation of other deliverables related to the opportunity (Sources Sought/Market Surveys, Discussions/ Clarifications, etc.)
- Business Development Support: Work with regional sales leads to develop client-specific, sales communiques for prospecting activities. Initiate research requests. Assist in locating relevant, off-the-shelf collateral materials through with support from the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Quality Control & Best Practices: Leverage past professional experience to identify and execute process improvements and best practices related to business development and proposal management. Participate in developing and delivering training for the organization. Champion efforts to ensure all deliverables look professional and promote the firm’s brand.
At least three years of related business development communications experience, with four of those working directly in B2B proposal management. Experience in the professional services industry preferred. Other qualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate, coordinate, and respond to RFIs, RFPs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective presentation skills, and the ability to interface with senior management, functional departments, and customers.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or Business is needed.
- Commercial real estate experience is not necessary but highly desired.
- Intellectual capacity to absorb and translate broad concepts and ideas into clear and logical communications
- Flexible and a proactive individual able to work under their own initiative
- High degree of energy, assertiveness and creativity
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure.
- Unyielding attention to detail.
Apply for Proposal Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly