Occasional travel - Required for out of town hearings.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The successful candidate must be a self-starter as well as detail-oriented. The candidate must also be highly organized and tactful, possess good judgment, poise and initiative, and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. The candidate must have strong prioritizing and problem-solving skills, solid communication skills (written & oral) and be able to communicate effectively with clients within and outside the court.To qualify for the position, an applicant:
- Must be a US citizen and member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of a state, territory, or the District of Columbia for a minimum of five years.
- Must have at least ten years of experience in the active practice of law or other legal experience which is suitable as a substitute in the opinion of the Court, such as:
- Judge of a state court of record, judge of a federal agency board, administrative law judge, or hearing officer;
- Attorney for federal or state agency;
- Law clerk to judge or judicial officer; or
- Professor of law.
- Must have demonstrated professional competence, including an ability to deal with complicated legal problems, an aptitude for legal scholarship and writing, and the high professional regard of other lawyers.
- Must have demonstrated familiarity with the federal court system, such as, for example, recent litigation before the federal bench. Knowledge of the Rules of the Court of Federal Claims in general and of its "Vaccine Rules," in particular, is also desirable.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Medical-related knowledge and experience preferred.
- As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must successfully complete an in-depth FBI background investigation and Internal Revenue Service tax check and is subject to 5-year update investigations similar to the initial one.
The court requires the candidate to have a degree from an accredited law school.
10 holidays - 13-26 days annual leave (increases with service) - 13 days sick leave - Federal Employees Retirement System - Thrift Savings Plan - Commuter Benefit Program/Metro Transit Subsidy Program - Flexible Spending Accounts - Insurance available for health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The court will conduct an evaluation of each applicant's qualifications and materials after receipt of a complete application package.Read more Security clearance Confidential Drug test required No