Veterinary Medical Officer (Clinical Care) NF-04
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
- Possess a valid unrestricted state license to practice veterinary medicine (may be a valid state license from any US state).
- Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire. Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening.
- Possess active United States Department of Agriculture/ Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
***The information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour work week. Hourly salary range is between $28.75 - $52.71 based on location and actual hours worked.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please be aware that employment category varies from location to location based on mission requirements. If you select an employment category that is not offered at the location to which you previously selected, you will not be referred as this will be considered a declination of the position based on employment category. The following employment categories may be available:
- Full-Time (40 guaranteed work hours per week)
- Part-Time (at least 20 guaranteed work hours per week (may be scheduled up to 39 hours per week)
- Flexible (00 guaranteed hours per week however may be scheduled to work between 0-39 hours per week based on mission needs)
- Term (includes a "Not to Exceed (NTE)" date - e.g. Appointment NTE 1 year from date of hire. Upon completion of the Term appointment, the position will be re-examined to determine if the NTE appointment will be extended, if the appointment will be converted to a different employment category or displacement)
- Temporary (appointment will not be extended upon completion of the Not to Exceed date)
Work schedule to be determined after hire.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- There will be weekly cut-off dates for an active vacancy location beginning on Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 11:59(EST) and every Thursday thereafter until this announcement closes. Referral lists will be issued on the Friday following the Thursday cutoff only for locations with active vacancies. Applicants that apply after the cut-off date(s) will not be referred until 1) after the next cut-off date 2) the closing date of the vacancy announcement or 3) if a selection is made from the candidate pool of a previous cutoff - whichever comes first.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL:
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Physical Requirements, Highly Preferred Criteria, and Integrity Certification.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Veteran Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No