CFPB Volunteer Program
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To be eligible for this volunteer internship all of the following requirements must be met.
- You MUST be a US citizen or US National
- You MUST be 16 years of age
- You MUST be a student currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited four year college or university.
- You MUST submit academic transcripts demonstrating that you meet the eligibility requirements. (unofficial is acceptable)
You must meet eligibility requirements (be a student currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited four year college or university) by the closing of this announcement.
You must answer all questions in the job questionnaire.
You must be a student currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited four year college or university.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is seeking non-paid volunteers to encourage interest in public service careers and provide valuable work experience. As a non-paid volunteer, students will gain first-hand experience performing a variety of tasks related to supporting the activities of the Bureau.
Student Volunteers may work during the school year and/or during summer or school vacation periods. The nature of the volunteer assignment as well as the work schedule will be established once on-board.
- All candidates will be considered without regard to any non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, lawful political affiliation, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected genetic information, parental status, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 and over the age of 18, you must certify that you have registered with Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- As required by hiring office, you may be required to: Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This position is ineligible for bargaining unit representation.
- Maintain a student status throughout the internship (be actively enrolled at an accredited 4 year college or university)
- Ethics: CFPB employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions, which applicants may review at www.oge.gov. In addition, CFPB employees must comply with the Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (5 CFR 9401), which, among other things, prohibit an employee or the employee’s spouse or minor child from owning or controlling a debt or equity interest in an entity supervised by CFPB. CFPB’s regulations also impose restrictions on the outside activities of certain Bureau employees, including examiners and attorneys. Applicants may review the CFPB ethics regulations and a summary of the regulations at www.consumerfinance.gov. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the CFPB Ethics Office at EthicsHelp@cfpb.gov.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions,
3. Current transcripts showing enrollment (REQUIRED- unofficial is acceptable),
4. Cover letter (optional).
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No