Occasional travel - up to 10%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
U.S. citizenship is required.
All qualification requirements must be met by 02/14/2019. Your application package will not receive consideration if it lacks any of the required documents listed under the "Required Documents" tab.
Probationary Period. One-year probationary period may be required.
Selective Service. If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Background Suitability Investigation. Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation and the granting of a federal suitability or security clearance. If selected, you may be offered tentative employment until the background investigation has been fully adjudicated.
Incumbent is subject to Agency drug testing requirements
Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time-in-Grade Requirement, which is 52 weeks of federal service at the next lower grade, GS-12.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of full-time specialized work experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level (equivalent to the GS-12) in the federal government. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience such as planning and conducting site surveys, physical inspections, and and managing and maintaining Physical Access Control Systems Skill in planning, developing, and coordinating the security functions of an agency in collaboration with other organizations within an agency, other Federal agencies, and external organizations.
*Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Specialized experience must meet 52 weeks equivalent to the next lower grade level. A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Education may not be substituted for experience for this series and grade combination.
The FRTIB offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off*, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the 3-tier federal retirement system. The FRTIB also has wonderful benefits and work/life-balance flexibilities that may be right for you. We offer:
- Flexible work schedule options. The FRTIB offers two flexible work schedules, the Gliding Schedule and the Flexible 5-4/9 Schedule. Employees on the Gliding Schedule must arrive between 7 am and 9:30 am and work 8 hours plus a 30-minute unpaid lunch period. Employees on the Flexible 5-4/9 Schedule work eight 9-hour days and one 8-hour day (plus the 30-minute unpaid lunch period) in each biweekly pay period and receive one scheduled day off; and must arrive between 6:30 am and 9:30 am on 9-hour days; or 7 am and 9:30 am on the 8-hour day.
- Limited telework opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP provides employees with free confidential assistance for help with personal issues that may be affecting work life. The program also provides consultation to supervisors who are trying to best help an employee with performance and/or attendance problems.
- Work Life 4 You. The FRTIB provides all employees and their family members with access to the Federal Occupational Health managed referral and information service to assist in dealing with life, family, health, education, work, and finance. This service is provided at no cost to the employee.
- *Annual and sick leave (paid time off). Employees of the FRTIB accrue both annual and sick leave depending on years of service with the federal government. Annual leave may be used for vacation or other personal reasons. Sick leave may be used when you are ill, when you have a doctor, dental, or optical appointment, or when you need to provide care to an ill family member.
- Fitness center. The FRTIB employees, at no cost, have access to the fitness center conveniently located on the main level of the building featuring state of the art weight training and cardiovascular equipment.
- Extensive training programs and tools supportive of enhancing organization effectiveness and employee development.
- A monthly transit subsidy for a portion of your commuting costs to help defray the commuting costs of employees who use mass transportation, including commuter bus, Metrorail or Metrobus, or commuter rail systems.
- Child care program. The FRTIB's childcare subsidy program offers up to $600 in monthly subsidy paid to qualified child care providers of employees meeting the eligibility requirements.
- Student loan repayment or recruitment bonus, when applicable.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position; however, other recruitment incentives may be authorized. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To preview the occupational questionnaire, click on the following link https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10413259.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the above qualifications.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Personnel and Physical Security: Knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to personnel and Physical security and background investigations, sufficient to plan and administer personnel security functions and adjudication of suitability investigations.
Security Administration: Skill in planning, developing, and coordinating the security, administrative, and program support functions of the office in collaboration with other organizations within the Agency and with other agencies and external organizations.
Security Program Management: Knowledge of analytical concepts, methods, and practices, sufficient to devise, review and update, interpret, and apply policies and procedures for a variety of administrative support and program management functions.
Oral/Written Communication: Skill in communicating orally and in writing in order to present facts, establish and maintain effective working relationships, prepare written materials and presentations, maintain records and files, and coordinate work activities with officials and staff within the Office and in other organizations.
Veterans' Preference. If you are claiming veterans' preference you must submit supporting documentation as described in the "Required Documents" section. Visit the Feds Hire Vets website for more information regarding veterans' preference.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and you are found Well Qualified for this vacancy. Well Qualified means you must meet all the minimum qualification standards listed above and be assessed and assigned the rating of at least Well Qualified to receive special selection priority. Well Qualified is further defined as possessing the Basic Qualifications and meeting the specialized experience noted above.
You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition website.