Assistant Director (Finance and Budget)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements, including one year time-in-grade at the next lower grade level for promotion candidates, must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as formulating, justifying, executing and managing federal and trust fund budgets; developing and negotiating contracts; and conducting internal audits on financial procedures.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Skill in formulating, justifying, executing, and managing appropriated (Federal) and/or non-appropriated (Trust) fund budgets.
- Skill in procurement and contract negotiation.
- Skill in conducting internal audits of financial and/or budgetary functions and advising and recommending senior management on corrective action.
- Skill in applying the principles, methods, policies and systems of financial management (including budget, accounting, procurement and audit).
- Ability to supervise staff, including setting work expectations, assigning and reviewing work, counseling subordinates, appraising performance, and resolving complaints.
- Skill in developing a budget with a long range view of resource management in order to apply to museum or organizational program which includes payroll resources management.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No