If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire people who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. As a faith-based organization with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
The Dietary Aide assists in the preparation and service of meals by taking meal orders, preparing meals, and delivering meals to patients in the rehabilitation hospital. (S)he must insure that quality food and food service is provided to all patients at all times.
* Ensure that each patient receives a menu and a meal, as indicated
* Check and prepare menus for patients.
* Check tray line, insuring that line starts on time and trays are correctly prepared
* Answer telephone and handle request from patients
* Prepare and oversee delivery of between meal snacks for patients
* Prepare and manage tube and supplemental feeding for those patients with need
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in hospital setting, diet office preferred
* Must be highly self-directed, working in a time sensitive and fast-paced work environment.
* Basic PC skills such as Windows and MS Office
* Completion of Diet Technician program preferred
Full Time Days, With Shifts Every Other Weekend.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference. Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.