IT Portfolio Manager
IT Portfolio Manager
This position has responsibilities that would include overall UIS portfolio-wide project management tracking and managing specific schedules and activities around strategic partnerships such as Jesuit Worldwide learning, Google, Verizon, Appirio-Wipro co-marketing and other strategic initiatives, to include commercialization opportunities. This position will also be responsible for pursuing innovate initiatives with commercial, philanthropic and other entities to advance Georgetown's technology support to the Academic and Administrative enterprise, as well as opportunities to streamline IT operations within Georgetown. Duties include but are not limited to:
UIS Portfolio Management
- Develop a master integrated master schedule of UIS activities to include risk register
- Coordinate with stakeholders, deconflict with existing academic, fiscal year, etc. schedules
- Manage and track deliverables, risks and status of ongoing activities
- Assist the CIO in efforts to identify strategic opportunities
- Work with vendors/partners to develop agreements, work to coordinate with Financial Affairs, Office of Technology Commercialization, General Counsel, Office of Communications and other internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Monitor and track invoicing, billing, credits etc.
- Develop use cases, proposals and implementation plans to leverage and operationalize strategic partnerships
- Manage and monitor implementation projects.
- Provide high-level technical support; training, advice, guidance to UIS staff and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least a Master's degree in education, technology management, or computer science
- 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated communications capability, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex IT projects
- Preferred requirements and qualifications should be listed separately here
- Demonstrated ability to implement/operationalize innovative IT projects working between educational and industry/government/commercial entities
- Experience working in higher education environments highly desirable
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.